ALPINAL® training in Cervinia
The managers of the ski resorts of the north-west of Italy met recently in Cervinia to find out about the advantages of the ALPINAL system. ALPINAL® pipes, fittings and connections have been designed to meet the specific demands encountered in snow-making systems and are ideal for use on difficult terrain. The components of the ALPINAL® system have been made on TechnoAlpin's instructions in the Saint Gobain plants in Saarbrücken (Germany) since 1999.
Saint Gobain and TechnoAlpin were in Cervinia together finding out about the many advantages of the system:
- Resistant to shear force and tensile stress => no concrete abutment required
- Up to 5° angular offset possible, saving on fittings
- Simple to install thanks to pipe connection technique
- High degree of flexibility thanks to large number of types of pipes and fittings from DN80 to DN500
- High stability under load thanks to the malleable material
- Long-lasting thanks to the cement mortar lining conforming to the DIN EN 545 standard
Those who attended the training session were impressed. In addition to receiving information on the advantages of the Alpinal system, they were also updated on the progress of the first stage of the building work on the snow-making system in Cervinia. A snow circuit measuring 6.5 km in length, naturally made with Alpinal pipes, is currently being installed. 83 hydrants with 60x V3ee, 10x TF10 Piano and 9x T40 will be guaranteeing the snow coverage from next winter onwards.